top free vps hosting services 2017
SkySilk offers free VPS as part of its Beta Plan. Once the Beta phase is over, they will continue with the free VPS service as part of a Basic Package.
They offer a Cloud Platform where you can host a site, build upon or use applications or games, or for use for other growth purposes. Developers too can use the Platform for creating cloud-based applications and testing them.
The features of the Free VPS and Paid VPS plans are as follows:
The VPS Plans start at $0 and the premium VPS Plans start from $15, and go up to $360/month. In the Free Plan you get 1 VCPU with 256 MB RAM and 2GB SSD. Root access is allowed in both Free and Paid plans with SLA requirements. Even in the free plan there are weekly backups which is something I have never seen with any other provider so far.
Regular: Plans are priced at $0.
- Up to 5tb transfer
- 1 CPU CORE
- 256 MB RAM
- 2GB Storage
- Standard Monitoring
- Automatic Weekly Backups
- Resource Limit Email Alerts
- Standard Email & Chat Support
- 1x Skypoints with SkySilk Rewards.
SkySilk additionally features QEMU templates featuring Turnkey Linux Apps like node.JS, ownCloud, and SimpleInvoices. The very vast offering makes the ecosystem look extremely interesting.
The entire infrastructure is now much more stable as a result of consistent feedback from users and testers all over the world. You can also deploy VMs from existing backups.
amazon Web Services (credit card required)
AWS is an Amazon Web Services company in the VPS hosting niche. Needless to say, AWS is a behemoth, the market leader in all respects.
Amazon provides free VPS service for one full year. The Virtual Server Hosting is called Elastic Cloud Compute.
When using the free 1 year program you get Linux t2.micro and Windows t2.micro for free. In addition to that a new user (someone like you) gets the following features/benefits each month until one year is complete.
- 750 hours of EC2 (Elastic Cloud Compute) running Linux OS, RHEL, or SLES t2.micro instance usage. Only one of the t2.micro usage is free.
- 750 hours of EC2 running Microsoft Windows Server t2.micro instance usage
- 750 hours of Elastic Load Balancing plus 15 GB data processing
- 30 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage in any combination of General Purpose (SSD) or Magnetic. SSD storage is extremely fast.
- 15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services. This implies that if you’re running any instances* (more on that later.) the bandwidth will get allocated towards that as well.
- 1 GB of Regional Data Transfer
*An instance is referred to an AWS server where you are running any application.
However, if you exceed any of the quotas mentioned here, then it will get added to your bill.
Other noteworthy features
- If you are going to use other features of Elastic Computing by running instances then it’s very easy to scale up or down. This can be done in minutes.
- As it generally goes with VPS servers, you get root access to the servers. It’s fully under your control.
- AWS offers a great deal of flexibility in choosing the configuration of your choice. You can decide between Linux or Windows OS, memory and CPU configuration and even boot partition size.
- Comes with an uptime guarantee of 99.95% which is lower when compared to some services like Digital Ocean but still very good.
- Completely secure cloud platform. You can choose to make instances private or public and can specify IP ranges for the servers.
- Free for 1 year.
Only 1 Linux Machine and 1 Windows machine is free. If you become careless during the set up stage and launch multiple instances or applications, AWS won’t stop you from doing so and bills will rack up.
So be careful of that.
note: prefer to not to use as we have heard from some customers that they are fraud
OHosti provides completely free shared hosting plans, and free VPS hosting plans. Here are some features that set OHosti apart:
- CentOS Linux (CentOS Linux is a free open source software provide by Red Hat)
- Full root access ensures that you get complete control over the server
- The software is compatible with both 64 bit and 32 bit applications
- You can install many applications and the platform supports languages like PHP, Perl and Python and few more
- Secured VPS backed by a firewall.
- Virtualizor c-panel
However if you are someone who cannot do without windows, unfortunately there’s no provision for that yet.
The free package called the Sun Package is free for lifetime and comes with the following features:
- 25 GB web space
- 500 GB bandwidth
- 512 RAM
- .5 CPU cores
- 2 Dedicated IPs
- Free .tk/.ml/.ga/.cf/.gq domain name
There are other packages with double and triple amount of web space and bandwidth but that requires you to refer someone.
The highest plan in the moon package comes with
- 1 TB storage space
- 10 TB bandwidth
- 16 GB RAM
- 8 core CPU and 10 dedicated IPs along with free .com/net domain names.
But that requires you to have $100 minimum in referrals.
X10 hosting- VPS and basic hosting
Google Cloud provides 1 year credit of $300 to new users who sign up for the cloud service. If you need a VPS for only a limited time then this could be an option.
Being a product from Google you need not worry about any down times or other problems like taking surveys or referring users.